Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Robin's Testimony

I met Jesus in May 2005, and as the scales fell from my eyes and I did see…. Acts 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes as it had been scales: and he received sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized. In May 2005, I became joint-heirs with Christ Romans 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. I am no longer a child of Adam, through adoption I am now made joint-heirs with Christ. Amen! And Halleluiah!!

I was raised in a family that did not attend church or practice any particular religion. As a young girl of perhaps 8 or 9 I remember attending church with a little girl that lived down the street from us. On one occasion I recall a Sunday School worker say to me “You don’t want to go to hell do you?” And of course being the intelligent person that I am I said “noooooo”. The Sunday School worker promptly had me recite the “sinners prayer” and zap, I was saved. (I had no concept of sin or repentance, how could I possibly be saved.) IF YOU ARE A SUNDAY SCHOOL WORKER PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS TO THE CHILDREN YOU WORK WITH, there are NO scriptural references to children being saved, baptized, or filled with the Holy Spirit. As I stated earlier, my parents didn’t attend church so even if I had really been saved, there was no one to disciple me. Although I will say that I had a great hunger to have a bible and recall quite vividly that I memorized a bible verse to win my first bible. And believe it or not I had that very same bible until I was 34 years old…. By the time I put it to rest it was well read and very will worn (yes I even read my bible).

As I grew up I always had a sense of God and that there were things that people (including myself) did that God didn’t like. (I don’t recall really having the label “sin” to put on those things). When I was a young teen I became involved with a boy that attended church (only because it was what his family did, he was not born again). As a result I began attending with him and was asked at about the age of 17 if I had ever been baptized. (which I had not) Soooo I was baptized. Again, the church that I was now attending never discipled or taught me. (not that I was really saved). Just a side note, my parents had grave reservations about this young man and his family but I was a rebellious young lady and didn’t heed the warnings they offered me. Choices I made in regards to this relationship brought about much misery and woe, not only for me but for my parents, siblings and perhaps even my grandparents…. I pray that some day they can forgive me. Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord. Had I obeyed my parents and submitted myself to them, their life experience, and wisdom I would have avoided much hurt and suffering.

In my early 20’s I became involved again in a relationship that I knew was wrong in Gods sight and in the eyes of my parents, a relationship that would result in the birth of my first child, Rachael. Please know that as much as I regret the sin, I do not regret my child. I walked through her early life seeing the world for the first time, through her eyes. Again I do not recall the word sin being thought of in regards to these situations, I do however remember at one point in time being introduced to the phrase “ETERNAL SECURITY”. I stumbled through years of my life feeling as though there was a great lacking in my life. I can only describe it as if it were a great puzzle…. You get a big box puzzle and the first thing you do is put all the pieces face up. The second thing you do is look for all the pieces that have a flat side. (those are generally the sides of the puzzle, or the frame) Well, as far as I was concerned my puzzle frame was complete. I had a good job, a nice car, by the worlds standards I had nice friends….. I had it all. I can even recall praying and crying out to God to take away this emptiness…. John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will him he heareth. Yet the emptiness continued…. Something was missing and I could never quite put my finger on it. Over the years I tried (in my flesh) to fill that void. At times it was with sinful relationships, alcohol, drugs, the list goes on. I was a classic 1 Corinthians 6: 9-11. I never physically murdered anyone but I am confident that I murdered many with my tongue. All the while feeling the utmost confident that through eternal security God loved me because I was saved (after all, I had said the sinners prayer) and I would still go to heaven…..

In June 1996, I began to “date” the brother of my best friend. By October of that same year we were married and now were a family of three. Mt 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. By July 1997 David and I were expecting our second child. In January 1998 we saw an advertisement in our local town paper that a church was being built in our area, so we thought it a good idea to check them out. Shortly after we began attending David got saved / born again, but I continued to stager through life feeling that void. Our son David was born in April 1998, in September 1999, we had Emma, and in February 2001 we had Lee Anna.

Finally in May of 2005 David had gone out of town to see a very special friend in Vermont become ordained. (what a blessing) For weeks prior to this the Lord had been working on my heart in regards to my salvation (or lack thereof) and chose that weekend to bring it all to a head. I was still so confused about the teachings of eternal security and yet wondered how someone could openly and boldly sin and still go to heaven….. And as I sat at my kitchen table that day I became so overwhelmed with the realization that eternal security was a lie…. I realized that I could not just go through life as I had in the past, knowing that the love of this world makes me God’s enemy; James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. God also says; 1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. We can go through life telling ourselves that we know Him but unless He know us (unless there is a relationship with Him… a daily walking with Him as He and Enoch did… as He and Abraham did….) If He does not know us then He will tell us Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. I was overwhelmed with the realty that had I not sinned he would not have had to die for me, that I had killed Christ as surely as if I have hammered the nails. (I now realize what repentance meant)! Thank you God for loving me! John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Now as far as salvation and eternal security are concerned I do believe that we as the scripture says can not be “plucked from his hand”. John 10:28, 29 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. I do however believe that we can throw our salvation away as stated in Provers 26:11, 2 Peter 2:22, and Luke 9:62 (that is, if we were truly saved / born again in the first place). Similar in nature to any gift, the gift giver says “I am giving you this gift, It can never be taken from you”. However that does not preclude me from casting that gift away.

I also realized that according to scripture People don’t remain the same after they meet Jesus, Proverbs 26:11 As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly,… 2 Peter 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire,….. Luke 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. People can’t remain the same after they truly meet Jesus. Mary Magdalene didn’t remain a harlot, Zacchaeus repented of being a publican and told Christ he would give half is belongings to the poor and that if he took anything falsely he would return it fourfold, Paul didn’t remain a murder and persecutor of Christians. People do not remain the same after they truly meet Christ. There was only one person that came to Christ and walked away disappointed and unchanged. It was the rich young ruler. He couldn’t bare to part with his worldly possessions. Luke 18:18-23

Gods word tells us that this life is but a vapor James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. But our souls, your soul is eternal. Ro 6:22. If I say nothing, then before God I will be held accountable. Ezekiel 3:18 – 19 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand. Yet if thou warn the wicked, and he turn not from his wickedness, nor from his wicked way, he shall die in his iniquity; but thou hast delivered thy soul. 1 Corinthians 9:16 For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!

For those of you who have known me for years, If I have ever done or said anything that has caused you to turn from Christ, I know that God is grieved and I ask for your forgiveness. Luke 17:2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. I also know that I can’t pick and choose what is truth and what is not, based on my likes and dislike… based on what I feel comfortable with… based on what the world now views as acceptable. (fornication, adultry, sodomy /homosexuality, effeminate, covetousness, drunkards, ....) 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 One MUST have faith that God Spoke the world into existence in 6 literal days Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.; in order to believe that one will inherit heaven Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: And if one believes in heaven then one must also believe in hell Matthew 13:50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth. If you can’t get past Genesis in faith then how can you in faith believe that HE IS Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that HE IS, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

On the Judgment Day His word says that He will sift us as wheat…. The sheep on the right and the goats on the left. His sheep will inherit His Kingdom Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: but the goats… (a picture allegory of the world and the people in it) He says Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:


Please think on these things….


I do pray that you will meet Jesus Christ as I have and as Jesus told Zacchaeus … Luke 19:9 And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.

No comments: