Monday, March 3, 2008

03/03/2008

Well, I was finally able to make contact with some of the people that I had known when I lived in CA many years ago (see my testimony for further details). We had made a really strong attempt to find some people in Bakersfield on Friday only to find out that they had moved back to Oklahoma where they were from about 6 years earlier. That trip ended up with a really long trip across a mountain range in the dark with bad brakes (the back brakes on the van started giving us trouble - again). Regardless, Friday left us pretty discouraged as I had really hoped to make contact with these people.

However, this morning just before I left to go get the van worked on my wife encouraged me to look for them in the Yahoo white pages and I was able to get a phone number. First try and I had them. I made the call and was able to speak to them for about 20 minutes. They appear to be doing really well from the worlds perspective and I hope that we can continue conversation further and eventually I can share my testimony with them. We may end up stopping in OK on the way so that we could at least spend a little bit of time face to face with them.

I was able to get the van fixed which is really a longer story than I am able to type and explain but it wasn't cheap. Some labor that was supposedly done by another brake repair station in Batavia really wasn't done and so we were still using parts that were quite old, hence the problem (that and our lovely NY rust). At this point our van seems ready to hit the road again and we are planning an early departure for Phoenix, AZ tomorrow and probably leaving there on Thursday for a strong push towards OK and Missouri.

Please keep us in prayer as we travel and please pray that the Lords direction continues to be clear.

David

No comments: